With Magento 1 subset (end of life) officially scheduled June 2020, many merchants think about where they should to migrate.
So we have developed a decision map that helps you in selection.
It is pretty self-explanatory, but few notes:
- The initial assumption is that you in general like Magento 1 and prefer to stay in Magento ecosystem if possible
- If the business is small and prefer SaaS over self-hosted platform, we don’t see obvious candidate for B2C type of businesses in Magento ecosystem
- For B2B businesses good option can be Zoey (a SaaS platform built on Magento 1 core)
- Magento Commerce used to be called Magento Enterprise Edition, it is a paid version of Magento
- Magento Open Source used to be called Magento Community Edition, it is a free version