Well, it happens finally. Magento moves to the top sector of B2B eCommerce platforms according the latest Forrester Wave report. This research specifically focuses on the platform for mid-market businesses.
In the previous version we’ve seen (Q1 2017) Magento was one step behind, among the Strong Performers. So now it is one of 3 leading B2B digital commerce platforms (other 2 are NetSuite and Insite Software).
It’s a big success and a critical component there is a set of B2B features that Magento added in version 2.2
Let’s see in the details where Magento has improved the most according Forrester analysts:
- Current offering. This metrics measures such things as Solution Architecture, CX, Commerce Suite capabilities. Magento got there +0.59 points (from 3.16 to 3.75. the max possible is 5). The best overall solution there at the moment is SAP Hybris with 4.08 points
- Strategy. Here the gain was not that big (from 3.85 to 3.9), which isn’t surprising. The changes done in version 2.2 were promised a while ago, the question was about delivering them. Here again Magento came 2nd, after SAP Hybris (4.0)
- The biggest jump Magento got in market presence metric, which evaluate company size, revenue and customer base. Magento has now the highest possible 5, big improvement from 3 just half an year ago.
The biggest benefits of Magento according Forrester were:
- Most important B2B features packaged together in Magento 2.2
- Flexibility (Open Source)
- Extensive ecosystem
- Low customisation cost
If you are interested to read the full report, it is available (after registration) on Magento website